Since about January 2018, I have been on this journey to become a better me. What’s the point of walking around with an attitude or providing everyone with negative energy?
This year has been full of ups and downs and I wanted to take the time out to reflect and just talk about 2019 going forward. This is my favorite time of the year other than my birthday because it’s the holidays!!
I love Thanksgiving & Christmas, you get to spend time with family and just reflect on memories and of course, take a bunch of new selfies for Facebook (lol).
I wanted to piggyback on my previous post where I talk about goals and what I want to do in 2019 because I want to make sure I keep my word this year, so we are going to talk about how to keep your word and stick with completing your goals.
So, before we get started on my goals for myself I decided to gather up some tips to keep your goals active and make sure that you stick with them.
- Set specific goals – listen if you’re not clear how are you going to finish the goal?
- Set goals you have to complete in a time frame – give yourself a time limit, why do you want a goal that you set with no time frame? You’ll never finish it. Whether it’s 3 minutes, 3 weeks, or 3 months give yourself the time. Your goals won’t happen overnight they will take time, be patient and hit that goal sis, you got it!
- Look at that goal every day! – Read it out loud, put it on your mirror, write it out. The more you do this the more you push yourself towards the goal.
- Be realistic – Let’s be honest, you’re not about to save that money because number 1 you got a shopping problem ( calling me out lol) save that money in an account you don’t use. I have two accounts for this exact reason.
- Commit to yourself – If you want to complete that goal do it for YOU, not anybody else. At the end of the day, people around you could probably care less about what your goals are. To be honest, since I’ve started my blog I’ve gotten support from a handful of family/friends (who I appreciate). The most support I have received is from the blogger community and random Instagram & Followers.
So now that I have laid out some ways to help you guys I thought I would go more in depth with my own personal goals and my goals for my blog.
- Revamp the website & logo
- Create more content
- Get more Dope Women of the Week
- Start reviewing products
- Link up with more bloggers
- Lose 5-10 before June
- Save $1500 dollar by August
- Plan and take 2 trips before 12/31/2019
As you can see my goals are somewhat small, but they are definitely something I can meet. I made sure I added a time frame (especially for my personal goals). I told myself that if I meet these goals before my deadline I will buy myself something nice and fancy.
So what question is for 2019 what are some of your goals? Do you want to start your own business? Do you want to lose weight? What do you want to do to make your 2019 an amazing year? Trust me, my list was wayyyyy bigger than what I out up above this, but I had to realize like wait these goals that I want to do for myself I have to make sure it’s something I can complete so I cut my list down by so much. What are some of your goals? Add them in the comments!
Side note: I have been listening to Christmas music since before Thanksgiving I am seriously in the holiday spirit this year what are some of your holiday songs?